MSc (Hons) (Pharmacology/Neuroscience)
BSc (Pharmacologyand Physiology)
PGDip (Nutritional Science)
BHSc (Complementary Medicine)
Dip. Herbal Medicine
I have a PhD in Pharmacology and over 20 years of clinical experience. I am currently working as a naturopath and nutritionist and have recently trained as a Metascan/Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis (BIA) practitioner. In my practice I draw on a strong medical background in nutrition, biochemistry, neuroscience, pathophysiology and pharmacology. This enables me to provide an evidenced-based problem solving approach for wellness and to manage chronic health conditions, anxiety and mild depression. I like to use functional medicine to assess nutritional status and BIA to assess body composition and cellular health.
Areas of interest/expertise include:
- Nutrition in breast cancer during chemo and radiotherapy
- Gastrointestinal health (e.g. IBS, allergies, Whiples, food intolerances)
- Autoimmune diseases (coeliac, psoriasis, rheumatic conditions, thyroid conditions)
- Metabolic syndrome (hypertension, dyslipidaemia, insulin resistance, non-insulin dependent diabetes, weight management, cardiovascular health)
- Chronic fatigue/fibromyalgia/chronic pain
- Nutritional assessments including vegetarian, vegan and other dietary patterns.